How to use our Laser Engraving Service
Laser Engraving Service
What is "Laser Engraving"
A Laser Engraver/Cutter is a computer controlled machine that uses a focused beam
of infrared light as the engraving tool to mark the surface of a part by
either removing a thin layer of the material (by vaporizing the material)
or by causing the surface of the material to fracture. On some materials
secondary marking effects are caused by the heat of the light beam and may
include toasting / charring or melting of the material.
laser engraving process does not use a mechanical cutter and the laser can
be focused to a point only 0.005" across it can engrave very detailed
marks onto materials that cannot be engraved using any other process. The
amount of detail that can be engraved is usually limited by the ability of
the material to hold the detail not by the engraving process.
Different materials react differently when they are laser
engraved. In general organic materials (wood, wood composites, and
leather) turn darker when engraved and inorganic materials (glass,
granite, anodized aluminum, and marble) tend to turn lighter. Please note
that this is only a general rule of thumb. To see how your material looks
when engraved please send a small piece of your material and return
postage and we will make a sample for you.
If you have any
questions about having a part Laser engraved, please contact us.
Laser Engraving applications:
Due to the incredible versatility of this process and the range of
materials that can be processed the following list is not all inclusive
but rather a sample of what can be done with laser engraving.
- Industrial tags and legend plates
- Plumbing tags and legend plates
- Electrical tags and legend plates
- Control panel overlays
- Name tags for events or businesses -- also name plates for doors or desks
- Engraved gifts made from wood, acrylic, marble, or glass
- Promotional items and awards
- Signs and sign parts
- Coasters in leather or wood
- custom engraved gifts, art or pictures
- photography -- special pictures engraved on marble or wood
- specialty business cards
- parts for toys and other crafts
- etching on wood or glass
- Decoration of products with text, logos, and graphics
- Marking / Serializing / Identification
- Personalization of gifts, awards, and personal items
- Signs / warnings / notices / operating instructions
- Artwork, original and serial
- and many others
The laser engraver does not make coffee but
it can engrave initials or a small graphic onto a coffee bean as a unique
gift for a friend (or yourself!).
Click here to see how to use our Laser Engraving Service.
Awards from wood
Awards from acrylic
Coasters from wood
Please Click here for more sample pictures
of our Laser Engraving process
Unique gifts from brick
Images engraved on Marble